Term Began: 1-1-2004
- Liberty Township Litter Clean-up 23 yrs.
- Liberty in Bloom – 16 yrs.
- Liberty Business Assoc. Beautification Committee – 11 yrs.
- Relay for Life Team – 9 yrs.
- Relay for Life Planning Board – 9 yrs.
- Blott Needy Kids Committee
- Chairwoman for Trumbull County Emergency Management
- Liberty Historical Society Trustee – 14 yrs.
- Veterans Day Program 2007 to present
- Volunteer for Mobile Meals – 17yrs.
- Ohio Township Association
- Trumbull County Township Association
- Liberty Business Association – 8yrs.
- Liberty Historical Society – 9 yrs.
- Friends of the Liberty Library – 5yrs.
Education & Business Background:
Graduate of the University of Cincinnati in 1974, with an Associate Degree.
Employed by Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, 1980-1989.
2007 – Certificate of Completion of Leadership Academy from the Ohio Township Association.
Goals achieved for the Township:
1) Initiated and compiled data on how to contract out for a single garbage company. Went out for bids and included recycling for all residents. The price has stayed the same for the past 7 years.
2) Signed the US Mayor’s Climate Protection Agreement and the Mahoning/Trumbull Green Pact.
3) Initiated Home Rule.
4) Initiated logging clean-up and sidewalk clean-up through Home Rule.
5) Continuing to work for a central fire station.
6) All employees paying into healthcare, thereby reducing costs to the Township.
7) Initiated An Ethics Policy for Township Trustees and a Cell Phone Policy for all township Employees
8) Initiated Senior Watch Program working with Police, Fire and Special Projects Coordinator
9) Initiated Veteran’s Program with Liberty High School – 2007 to present Initiated Grant Opportuities – Senior Watch($5,000), Trumbull 100($1,000), Walmart($1,000) and NOPEC($108,000)
10) Reduced wages and benefit costs by $459,000 through attrition not layoffs
11) Saved $101,000 in reduced Workmen’s Compensation costs
12) Moved 911 to Trumbull County saving taxpayers the 1.25 millage and going from $305,000 to $60,000 for the cost of 911 service
13) Eliminated Human Resource Specialist saving $35,000 annually
14) Eliminated all loans to banks
15) Worked with ODOT, Art Teachers and students to complete the Shady Road Bridge beautification.
16) Worked with Trumbull 100 and solicited funds from area businesses and individuals to complete the project at I-80 and Belmont Avenue which serves as an entryway into our main business district.
17) Worked on Trumbull Township Association Committee to develop a moratorium on all new injection wells.
18) 2017 – Initiated, organized contractors and solicited funds for a handicapped accessible door for the administration building.