Liberty Township Board of Trustees, Trumbull County, Ohio is accepting applications for full time employment, including benefits, with the Road Department.
Possess a valid Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL), Class A CDL preferred.
Pass a pre employment US DOT drug and alcohol screen test.
General mechanical ability, experience with trucks and constructions equipment, asphalt work, and snow removal beneficial.
Applications may be obtained during regular business hours, M-F 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. and returned with resumes to:
1315 Churchill Hubbard Rd
Youngstown, OH 44505
c/o Martha Weirick, Administrator
Applications must be received by November 15, 2019.
Liberty Township is a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
ROAD MAINTENANCE – Maintain 60 (centerline) miles of Township roads (120 lane miles), 181 roads or sections of roads, which includes:
- Repair of road surface (cold patch, hot asphalt patch, hot asphalt overlay)
- Repair of road base (excavation, installation of slag / aggregate base materials)
- Repair of road berms
- Street sweeping (Spring sweeping program, prep for street resurfacing, washdown from storms, etc.)
- Prep roads for resurfacing (contracted paving) – Prepare specifications, cut berms, inspect asphalt application, etc.
- Cut roadside weeds, brush, trees
- Snow & Ice Control – Plow snow from Township roads / cul-de-sacs, apply ice control material
- Measure, prepare specifications for road striping
SIGN MAINTENANCE – Maintain ALL signs appurtenant to Township roads, which includes:
- Regulatory Signs (Stop, Speed, Parking, Etc.)
- Warning Signs (Curve, School Zone, Caution Children, Stop Ahead, Chevrons, Etc.)
- Information Signs (Street Name, Parks, Etc.)
- Construction Signs (Road Work, Detour, Etc.)
- Guardrail, barricades, cones
STORM WATER MAINTENANCE – Maintain all storm water collection systems appurtenant to Township roads, which includes:
- Construct, rehabilitate, and clean storm water collection basins
- Install, replace, and clean storm water collection pipe and culverts
- Construct new, clean storm water collection ditches
- Prepare specifications for special storm water control projects (State Issue 2, Trumbull County Engineers Township Assistance Program)
- Assist with special events (Liberty Fest, Founders Day, Music in the Park, LTBA ball fields)
- Assist with special projects (Construct playground structures, picnic tables, volleyball courts, basketball courts, etc. – install associated equipment)
- Storm water maintenance
- Winterize parks for off season
- Perform interments
- Construct new, rebuild / rehabilitate old headstone foundations
- Gravesite maintenance (Add topsoil, grade, seed, etc.)
- Sale of Lots / Graves
- Storm damage clean up
- Roadside litter / trash dumped
- Scrap tire collection / drop off
- Installation & Removal of U.S> Flags on utility poles throughout Township for Memorial Day – Fourth of July Holidays
- Road Dept. garage & grounds maintenance
- Auxiliary Equipment Maintenance (Repair, modification, fabrication on equipment & tools – Daily / Weekly equipment operator maintenance