via Zoom teleconference
Topic: Regular Meeting @ 8:30 AM
Time: Dec 3, 2020 08:30 AM
Join Zoom Meeting
via Zoom teleconference
This is an auction of miscellaneous equipment, and bids are being accepted until 6:00 PM on Friday November 27.
20-28 A RESOLUTION DECLARING THE INTENT OF LIBERTY TOWNSHIP TO CONDUCT INTERNET AUCTIONS FOR THE SALE OF UNNEEDED, OBSOLETE OR UNFIT PERSONAL PROPERTY OF LIBERTY TOWNSHIP FOR THE CALENDAR YEAR 2020
WHEREAS, Section 505.10 of the Ohio Revised Code permits a board of township trustees to sell personal property, including motor vehicles, road machinery, equipment, tools, or supplies, which is not needed for public use, or is obsolete, or is unfit for the use for which it was acquired; and
WHEREAS, the Board of Township Trustees of Liberty Township, Trumbull County, Ohio has determined that an internet auction is a cost-effective method of disposing of such property; and,
WHEREAS, Section 505.10(D) of the Ohio Revised Code permits a board of township trustees to sell such property by internet auction after adopting a resolution expressing its intent to do so;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Trustees of Liberty Township, Trumbull County, Ohio, that:
Section 1: Pursuant to Ohio Revised Code Section 505.10(D), the Board of Trustees of Liberty Township hereby expresses its intent to sell personal property, including motor vehicles, road machinery, equipment, tools, or supplies, which is not needed for public use, or is obsolete, or is unfit for the use for which it was acquired, by internet auction in 2020.
Section 2: The Board of Trustees of Liberty Township hereby will conduct internet auctions through GovDeals, Inc., 100 Capitol Commerce Boulevard, Suite 110, Montgomery, Alabama, 36117.
Section 3: Such internet auctions shall be conducted according to the requirements of R.C. 505.10(D) under the following general terms and conditions:
1. All property will be offered for sale to the public on the www.govdeals.com website for a minimum of ten (10) days, including Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays;
2. The Township reserves the right to establish a minimum price for any item and to establish other terms and conditions of sale, including but not limited to requirements for pick-up or delivery;
3. Township property auctioned via internet auction shall be sold to the highest qualified bidder at the conclusion of the auction;
4. The highest qualified bidder shall be required to pay in full for the property at the auctioned price plus the stated buyer’s premium and all applicable taxes within five business days from the conclusion of the sale, and to comply with any other conditions or terms of sale;
5. All property is offered for sale “As-Is Where-Is” with Liberty Township making NO warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind, express or implied as to the condition of such property;
6. All vehicles will be sold with a Salvage Title; and
7. The Board of Township Trustees, Liberty Township, Trumbull County, Ohio reserves the right to reject any bids and to withdraw from sale any items listed on its internet auction.
Section 4: In the event that the Township reclaims the auctioned property as a result of the highest qualified bidder’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions stated above or in the event that there are no bidders for the auctioned property who meet the terms and conditions established for the auction, the Township reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to re-auction the property or to dispose of the property without auction, as permitted by R.C. 505.10(B).
Section 5: That after adoption of this Resolution, the Fiscal Officer shall publish, in a newspaper of general circulation in the township, notice of Liberty Township’s intent to sell unneeded, obsolete, or unfit-for-use township personal property by internet auction. The notice shall include a summary of the information provided in this resolution. Information regarding the internet auction shall be published on the Township website and posted at the Township office.
Motion: Mr. Cizmar. Second. Mr. Clebone.
Roll Call: Mr. Cizmar, Yes. Mr. Clebone, Yes. Mr. Stanley, Yes. Motion carried.
1315 ChurchillHubbard Road, Youngstown, Ohio 44505, United States
07:00 am – 03:00 pm